shallow well jet pump

Users who are viewing this thread

randallatha

Reaction score
I have a craftsman shallow well half horse power jet pump , I have wired it the way the pump guide said and am running it into a 10 gallon tank with 35 psi, the well has iron water, here is my problems, one=when I turn on the pump sometimes it runs and sometimes it hums, no pumping water just a humming sound and a burnt smell (the smell is also around when the pump is pumping but not as bad) 2=you can hear it pumping water but its not sending it into the house and none of the pipes are leaking, anyone have any ideas? please help.

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions. What voltage are you running to the pump, and what voltage is the pump wired for?

arnie

Reaction score
More questions

Is the pump primed? Is the impelller plastic or metal, and is it in good condition? Is there a foot valve at the bottom of the suction pipe?

Speedbump

Reaction score
If you smell smoke, it may have been let out of the motor, and can't be re-installed. If it is not the motor, check the start capacitor. If there is an oilie substance on or around it, change it.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks