(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Aquia push rods

Default Aquia push rods

After installing the first Aquia we were very happy with the performance. We installed two more. One of the two has a problem generating a full flush. I looked at the water level, fill valve, and flush cartridge all were in fine working order and flushed fine with out the lid. I then switched the lid of one of the toilets that worked fine. this test determined that the problem be with the lid or the distance of the valve mechinism. I measured the push rods and they are the same. Q: Do I order new push rods and cut them longer or is there an adjustment for the valve mechinism? TIA Terry - Ed
    Last edited by Terry; 09-10-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

There is no adjustment on the push button or flush valve.
    If the rods are too short it would affect the flush you can call Toto and they will send you new rods they are about four inches long so you need to trim to size.

thanks got them on order

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut9199 View Post
    There is no adjustment on the push button or flush valve.
    If the rods are too short it would affect the flush you can call Toto and they will send you new rods they are about four inches long so you need to trim to size.
    Had the same problem on a brand new Aquia II. Put in 2 quarters as this post recommends and it fixed the problem. I'll call toto and have new rods ordered but the quarter fixed the problem for me!

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26814

Day 3 of my new Aquia II dual flush I had to go "fishing" for one of the quarters I placed on the buttons. The quarter technique works great to temporarily lengthen the push rods but if you do this it is a good idea to "stick" the quarter to the button somehow.

As I expected Toto was happy to send me replacement rods.