(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Older Moen Push-Pull?

  1. #1

    Default Older Moen Push-Pull?

    I am in the process of doing a basic bathroom remodel...I would like to know if a Moen 2353 would retro for my older Moen push-pull...valve is fine chrome is just worn (Plate, faucet...). It's wrap around shower encloser...If it sounds dumb to do that how hard would it be to change the valve, solder thru the acces hole in the encloser. Swap out for a whole new set up?? Thank you for any advice...

    John V

    Marysville WA

  2. #2
    In the Trades kordts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    exurban Chicago


    Call Moen to see if what you have has upgrade options. As far as soldering in a new valve behind the surround, it's not a typical first time DIY job.

  3. #3
    Master Plumber Redwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007


    No the one you are looking at using is a Posi-Temp which has a larger dia stop tube.

    Go to this link and answer the questions in the pull down menu to see all your Moen trim options. http://www.moen.com/buymoen/buyparts/index.cfm There are also many aftermarket trim kits avaiable for this valve.

  4. #4
    Moderator & Master Plumber hj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    Default Moen

    The Moen site has multiple options for your valve. Look at the trim for the Moentrol line which uses the same trim parts as your valve.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts