I want to add a new toilet line to my septic

Users who are viewing this thread

Wayne67vert

In the Trades
Reaction score
tank. The new line is coming from a 90 degree angle from the inlet pipe. Is it okay to just drill the side of the septic tank and insert the new line? The tank is currently used only by the kitchen.
Thanks for any and all replies.
Wayne

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Maybe... Maybe not... It depends on the configuration of the inlet baffle in the tank.

Wayne67vert

In the Trades
Reaction score
I understand the baffles, so if I drill into the side closest

to the end where the inlet pipe attaches am I going to create any unforseen problems?
Thanks,
Wayne

Wayne67vert

In the Trades
Reaction score
The tank is 40+ years old and made of concrete. So do I just open the access lid to check for how wide the baffle is?
Thanks,
Wayne

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You would need to open the end where the inlet baffle is. Any line cut into the tank would have to be on the right side of the baffle. If it is a small drawer type baffle the inlet would have to wye into the line.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ralph's a nice touch. Who's got Ron Paul?

I thought he dropped out of the running...

200px_libertybell.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks