Removing PVC pipe concrete from towel

Users who are viewing this thread

lions4551

Reaction score
Hi,

I was doing a DIY job earlier today and spilt quite a bit of PVC pipe concrete on a bath towel :mad:. The towel has many blobs of the blue pipe concrete substance on it. I have tried many different methods to remove it with no success.

Can anyone tell me how I can successfully remove the PVC concrete from the towel?
Cheers.

Msgale

Reaction score
buy new towel, you will never remove it

or, use sharp knife, cut out sections with cement, and use the rest of the towel

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Agree: can the towel, or use it for anything else as a rag.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Anything that would remove the cement would leave a hole in the towel, so just skip right to that step, as already suggested, and save money on the chemicals!

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
I asked a buddy a few months ago if ABS cement comes off of clothes and his smirk was my answer. Felt like a dodo... I'm just a rookie balboa, ok¿

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If its a cotton towel, sulfuric acid should do the trick...
The towel will disappear and you can pick up the cement out of the solution.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
FYI. The so-called PVC and ABS pipe "cement or glue" is neither cement or glue. They are solvents the soften and temporary dissolve the surface of the pipe and fittings. PVC and ABS are different chemically, so the solvents for each are different chemicals and can not be interchanged, but the essentially chemically weld the fitting and pipe together. Neither of these chemicals can be removed from cloth. I have some jeans that are probably over 15 years old that still have ABS solvent on them. The cloth is about worn out, but the "glue" is holding its own very well.:D You should try to use old rags for cleaning up after either PVC or ABS work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks