8" single handle Lavatory Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

don87

Reaction score
I would like to have a single handle lavatory faucet for my bathroom which has a 8" 3-hole spacing. Best I can tell no one makes such a faucet. Anyone know where I can get one?

They make single handle kitchen faucets that have independent facilities that can be mounted in virtually any hole spacing (consist of a single handle control, faucet spout, sprayer, soap dispenser.) Of course as they are intended for kitchens they do not have a pull tab to operate a lavatory drain. I was thinking I could use the kitchen setup, but substitute a bathroom faucet spout to get the pull tab. Is this viable?

Don

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

The "pull tab" hole does not come throught the spout, it is part of the faucet. You can get popup drain rod escutcheons that mount in that third hole so you can operate the drain.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Grohe makes an eschution that is designed to cover 8" spacing. It has one hole in the middle for a single handle spout. This center hole (typically) needs to be around 1-3/8" in diameter or so (you might get by smaller - check the specifics on the faucet you decide on). I'd guess other manufacturers also make similar things...

Attachments

• 07552000.jpg
    07552000.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 372

don87

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'll take a look at both suggestions.

I am surprised that apparently no manufacturer makes a single lever faucet for 8" wide hole spacing. Seems like there would be a market for them.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Right now the demand for them is one, (you), and so it would not make a lot of economic sense to design and produce something that they will sell very few of. There is no demand for an 8" single handle, because most people decide which kind of faucet, (8" two handle, or 4" single or double handle), they want and buy the sink to match.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
They make single handle lav faucets for ONE hole sinks. Your dilemma is a common one. Not to criticize, but for future benefit of others: it is best to choose the sink and faucet together. This same problem arises often in the kitchen as well, when the number of holes in the purchased sink, or the newly installed granite, does not match the faucet and gizmos that the Mrs. later chooses.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks