Adding Shower to half bath in basement

Users who are viewing this thread

cicerored

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of drawing up plans to get my permit for my basement renovation. When we built the home, I had a half bath roughed in. Now I have decided that I might as well add a neoangle shower (2" drain). The current situation rough in is a 1.5" drain/vent for the sink and a 3" for the toilet. I want to connect to the 3" drain pipe that the toilet discharges to. Looking down the 3" stub, it seems to be pointing in the right direction. I am not sure about venting. The toilet, I believe, is wet vented through the sink vent. I have attached a fairly detailed diagram of my intended bathroom setup (nothing has been framed). I know I will have to break up the concrete, which I intend to do with a hammer drill, manonary chisel, and small sledge, but I am unsure of the pvc connectors to use (tee, wye?) and the venting. If anyone wants to take a look or has any idea how to better do this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Cicero (NY) Red

Attachments

• basneo.jpg
    basneo.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 3,552
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks