(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Granite....radon

Quote Originally Posted by 99k View Post
    You should never shut down a system. The radon level will be back to were it was within hours. Not only does a system remove radon, but can mine out as much as gallons a day of moisture. Many of my clients have seen the dehumidifier run much less and the musty smell is gone
    99k;
    I would be grateful if, when you are quoting a post that I have made, you don't embed your comments within the quote of my posting. What you have done is very misleading and wrongly represents my position in a manner that makes it appear that I have contradicted myself.

I would be further grateful if you would edit your post to remove your comments from within your quote of my post, and leave an editing note so that other readers will realize the basis for this post.

If that is too difficult, then please delete the quote altogether from your post and leave an editing note that will explain the basis for this message.

There are ways to split up a quoted posting so that you can insert comments relative to each part of it. I suggest that you learn how to do that so that others you choose to quote are not misrepresented.

for 99k> What I do when I wish to make a few comments regarding a longish post like bobs.....I put my comments in either caps/bold, or change the font color to red. That way, there is no confusion as to who said what.

The way you did it, we can't tell reading that what was your comment versus what was the orignal poster.

Smoking exacerbates radon.
    Anyone who smokes really shouldn't be concerned over other health hazards.

Smoking exacerbates death.

Radon is the new mold IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alectrician View Post
    Radon is the new mold IMHO.
    Funny how things work! Mold was the new asbestos!

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment 99k's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob NH View Post
    99k;
    I would be grateful if, when you are quoting a post that I have made, you don't embed your comments within the quote of my posting. What you have done is very misleading and wrongly represents my position in a manner that makes it appear that I have contradicted myself.

I would be further grateful if you would edit your post to remove your comments from within your quote of my post, and leave an editing note so that other readers will realize the basis for this post.

If that is too difficult, then please delete the quote altogether from your post and leave an editing note that will explain the basis for this message.

There are ways to split up a quoted posting so that you can insert comments relative to each part of it. I suggest that you learn how to do that so that others you choose to quote are not misrepresented.
    Sorry Bob:

I was trying to comment at certain points in your message ... I have never be able to figure out how to do this. Once it was posted I figured no one would pick up on my comments.

Let me undo my mess. These are all my comments ...

"You can effectively remediate a building without having porous material if proper techniques and equipment is used"

"Filling cracks is not necessary in most instances ... especially is a home that is finished and on a slab"

"You should never shut down a system. The radon level will be back to were it was within hours. Not only does a system remove radon, but can mine out as much as gallons a day of moisture. Many of my clients have seen the dehumidifier run much less and the musty smell is gone"

Anyone want to instruct me hown to multiquote?

Thanks,

Anyone want to instruct me hown to multiquote?
    In the reply box, paste and highlight the portion you want to quote and hit the quote icon.

If you want to quote the whole comment but comment on individual sentences just paste the whole thing, highlight the individual portions and leave space between them for your replies.

You can preview reply to test.

Quote Originally Posted by 99k View Post
    Sorry Bob:

I was trying to comment at certain points in your message Here is how I insert comments ... I have never be able to figure out how to do this. Once it was posted within a quote I figured no one would pick up on my comments.
    You do have to put a little something down here, else you get a "short reply" error. But it can literally be just :,,,,,,,,

In the reply box, paste and highlight the portion you want to quote and hit the quote icon.

If you want to quote the whole comment but comment on individual sentences just paste the whole thing, highlight the individual portions and leave space between them for your replies.

You can preview reply to test.

I cannot figure it out??

Don't use the quote function in the post. That will quote the whole post.

Copy what you want and paste it in your reply. Split it appart if you like.

Highlight the part you want to appear as a quote and click the quote icon above the reply box (it's yellow and looks like text in a cartoon like thingy).

If I was quoting you this would be at the start of the quote [QUOTE=99k;153209] The 153209 is the message number being quoted.

And this would be at the end of the quote... [/QUOTE]

Highlight the part you want to appear as a quote and click the quote icon above the reply box (it's yellow and looks like text in a cartoon like thingy).

Let's see if this works.

I must be brain dead from smelling all that PVC glue I have been using computers forever, but I can't get this silly thing down. It isn't very intuitive.

I may have it this time.