Looking for a small footprint toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

jmr230

Reaction score
I'm trying to place a toilet in a small space. I have 36" width, so no problem with 15" elbow room on either side. But the door is a little close and I'd like the bowl to come out less than 25" if possible. Preferably around 21". Bonus difficulty: 10" rough-in.

Wall hungs may be a problem as the chimney is behind the wall behind the toilet. We'd have to build out the wall to accommodate the waste and internal cistern.

We are also considering high tank WCs since the cistern is elevated and the bowl can get closer to the wall.

Any suggestions?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most of the companies that make 10" rough-in toilets leave the bowl the same, and use a thinner tank. Toto's with the Unifit adapter use the same toilet, just change the adapter that goes to the flange, but I think all of them are elongated toilets. I think you'll have trouble finding such an animal...

Is there any way you could change the door to be a pocket door? Then, the swing clearance problem goes away.

Last edited by a moderator:

SamC

Reaction score
American Standard makes a Cadet 3 in a 10 inch rough-in with a round front, model # 2384.010. It is 26 1/4 inches from the wall to the front of the bowl, with 3/4 inch spacing between the wall and the back of the tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks