island sink drain slow/not drain & toliet slow/not flushing

Users who are viewing this thread

aot2002

Reaction score
I've got a 86 trailer which I bought and found i got into some plumbing trouble.

the shower/tub, bath sink, and toliet is at one end of the house and then of course the island is at the front end.

so the island never had a roof vent and only the cheater vent, although i just bought it and never ran the water for an extended period to test the drains.

anyway I started seeing the sink drain slower and slower and now it doesnt drain, so i replaced the entire setup under the island in hopes maybe it would fix the issue but still it wont drain and gurgled at first before the drain stopped working.
I tried drano and such etc...no luck, i do remember the sink pipe had nasty gunk in it (filling 1/4 of the pipe up) and stinks terrible.

now the toliet is not going down but yet the sink and shower work fine in the same bathroom...?

at first i thought its got to be the septic backing up ....But how can the washer, bathsink, and shower all work great but not the toliet and island?

if anyone can shed light on this mystery i'd be so happy

aot2002

Reaction score
was that a real comment or you bustin my chops?

you think the pipe is sagging for the island....what explains the issue with the toliet or do you think that has a problem of its own?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
No, that's a real comment and a real problem with old trailers (some new ones too)

aot2002

Reaction score
I'll let you know how i make out tomorrow when im buried in dirt from being under it :(

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
At best you have a long flat run with almost no pitch.
At worst you have a buch of saggin going on,
In any case a snaking is needed.
Getting rid of sags will help keep it working longer And prevent the drain from freezing up in the winter.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

You are seeing a major problem with the "cheater ventsAAV". When the drains start to get slow, which is your real problem, the AAV will not let the sink drain. If you remove it, the sink will probably work properly, but you will still have the partially plugged drain problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks