Gas boiler servicing

Users who are viewing this thread

westleigh34

Reaction score
Can anyone give advice please. I have had a new central heating installed which includes 2 years free boiler servicing. After one year an engineer came out and only checked the pressures and settings on the Worcester cdi boiler and said all the checks are OK and that was it. Question :- When they service a boiler are they not supposed to remove and clean the burner and clean everything properly, reassemble and then do the checks? Thank you.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Depends on the fuel...oil burners need a lot more maintenance that NG.

I would check your user manual, and your contract, to see what is called for.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
We make use of the Rigid Mini Snake on service. You can worm it in around the burner and heat exchanger and see what shape they are in before you start tearing things down needlessly.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
service

They do whatever the contract specifies but since they are not getting "paid cash" for the service call they usually try to spend as little time and effort as possible.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks