Sewer Ejector Connections!

Users who are viewing this thread

ttboyy

Reaction score
I am installing a Basement Bathroom that is using a Sewer Ejection system tying into our Septic System.

I noticed that the plumber connected the Toilet and Tub into the Main Intake within the Ejector housing; yet they then tied the Sink Drain into the Vent Intake Pipe instead of the Main Intake the Tub and Toilet share.

Is this type of configuration an acceptable connection to make from the Sink Drain Through the Vent Pipe into the Ejector Housing? :confused:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

IT will work, but it will be noisy because the water is dropping into the pool of water in the tank, rather than flowing in through the side inlet. Most plumbers would not connect it that way, since it is not the commonly accepted way to do it. I do not know what an inspector would say about it because I have never seen it done that way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks