cloged drain

Users who are viewing this thread

texasitty

Reaction score
OK thanks to all the help i got .i REPLACED ALL MY PIPES ,BUT MY MAIN
IS PLUGED I HAVE THE TOILET OFF. SHOULD I LEAVE IT OFF SO A PLUMBER CAN RUN THE SNAKE DOWN THERE. SINCE IT IS RIGHT THERE LAST TIME THEY WENT FROM THE ROOF VENT AND THAT DID NOT LAST VERY LONG.THE CLOG IS BETWEEN THERE AND THE TEE ABOUT 15 FEET AWAY .BECAUSE THE OTHER HALF OF THE HOUSE IS FINE.AGAIN THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME....

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

I usually hate it when the customer removes the toilet because then I just have to spend additional time replacing it. Whether the plumber can use that opening or not depends on how you did the piping when you replaced it. Usually the answer is that it is not the best place and requires much more time to do it from there. The only difference between using the roof, or the toilet is how much extra cable it requires, so if the last time did not last long, it would not have been any different if he had used the toilet. The cause of the clog, and how long it takes to regenerate itself, determines how effective the snaking will be and how long it lasts.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
The drain machines work best the closer you are to the clog.
It can be hard to run a snake through a closet bend, but it is sometimes the best place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks