Kohler Hatbox reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

sach

Reaction score
We're putting in a new master bedroom and bathroom in our hundred year old house in San Francisco, and the wife really wants the K-3492 Purist® Hatbox® toilet from Kohler. I'm not so hot on it since we mainly seem to be paying a lot of extra money for the visual design and looks. We're still battling it out, but in the meanwhile I'm looking for reviews of this toilet by people who've actually put one into their bathrooms.

I'm trying to find out how well this thing flushes, and how "reliable" it is maintenance wise. Do the electronics inside require servicing and/or maintenance at all? My preference if we were to spend this much money would be a Neorest 500. Any opinions on the pros and cons of the two choices?

Thanks.

kohler_hat_box2.jpg

Attachments

• kohler_hatbox.jpg
    kohler_hatbox.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,660
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
attachment.php

K-3492 Kohler Hat box, List price $3307

Uses a pump to flush
Slow closing seat

neo_500a_side.jpg

TOTO Neorest500, List price $3200
Uses a pump to flush
Slow closing seat
Remote control will lift and lower seat, and or lid
Lid will open and close by itself.
toilet will flush by itself.
Seat warmer
Warm water wash
Warm air dry
Air deodorizer

k3-075-crop.jpg

Kohler Hatbox

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks