Tankless Water heaters

Users who are viewing this thread

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've put several Rinnai tankless water heaters in. I put in two other brands and did not take to the vent system to well. The Rinnai has a great system and is very easy to work with. The only hang up with any tankless water heater is if it fails they can be very costly to repair. I can say this since I'm not certified to repair them. Post your thoughts and experiences with tankless water heaters.

Check it out: http://www.foreverhotwater.com/

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
would like to hear your stories

I read your post and I am interested in the
troubles you have had with them...

I am hell bent against them .....just because of the
reasons you stated....

what peaked my interest is you stated that it was rather
expensive to work on them when they did fail... especially
to get a certified service tech out on one...

how expensive and how much time
trouble to get one serviced??

http://www.weilhammerplumbing.com/houseofhorrors/

Last edited:

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
I had no experience myself having to repair them. I also never had any call backs on them, majority been Rinnai. I do believe between service call and parts your looking at several hundred dollars if it's not under waranty. I like how they work but there are to many parts that can fail. The first one I put in was 6 years ago and never had any complaint's, that's probably because I told the person if it fails I am not familiar on how to repair. The other rip is if a service person does come out it better be installed per instructions.BEWARE HOMEOWNERS TRYING YO INSTALL YOUR SELF.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks