Toto Aquia II Dual Flush leaking - help!

Users who are viewing this thread

tototoo

Reaction score
My contractor installed an Aquia II Dual Flush Toilet last week. It seemed to be working fine, but now it is leaking from the tank. When we flush the toilet water spurts out from the bottom of the tank onto the part right behind the toilet seat (right where the TOTO logo is.) It wasn't doing this before. Please help!! He is experienced in putting in regular toilets, but not Totos.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia tank needs to be installed evenly.
It takes a little more time tightening each screw, just a bit, and then the other just a bit.
I would guess that a screwdriver would fix it for you.
We have over 150 out there now that are in operation.

Last edited:

tototoo

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry!

I'll pass this information on to my contractor, and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for a great website, Terry. My contractor also had difficulty installing our Eco-Drake. (He installed 2 of them, one leaked from the tank, the other didn't.) After I showed him what you advised on your Drake thread about sanding and the 3-point contact, he was able to fix the problem. We had thought the Aquia II was done correctly, however.

Wish you had a branch in the SF/Bay Area!

tototoo

Reaction score
Another question

I followed your suggestion, tightened both screws gradually, and so far, so good! I was surprised by how loose the screws were.

Will the screws continue to loosen and have to be checked regularly? My old (1986) toilets were terrible flushers, but they never leaked, so I've never had to think about it before.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks