Irrigation System Question

Users who are viewing this thread

pumpkin30

Reaction score
Hello,
I had an irrigation system installed approximately two weeks ago. Due to the regulations/guidelines in my area, the system can only be installed in my yard and 12 inches from the sidewalk. There is a sidewalk between my yard and the common area where my mailbox and more grass is located. The system has been running fine, but I noticed the other day that I have a stream of water running down my street from a weep hole in the sidewalk. I called the irrigation company and they are insisting that the leak is not due to their installation and stated that I should call my builder. I informed them that the leak did not occur until after their installation. They said that because I water my grass more often now, the sprinklers are watering the common area and the weep hole is releasing the extra water. For some reason, I am not sure if this is true. Today, I turned off the system completely and there is still water coming out of this weep hole. I used a paper towel to absorb the water and more continued to come out. When I initially noticed it, there was a greasy film in the water and now it is starting for form a mold like substance on the concrete. Please advise if this is indeed possibly a problem with the system or something else. Thank you for your assistance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks