Kitchen sink not draining

Users who are viewing this thread

bradleyct

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a dual kitchen sink which isnt draining all that great, I dont know a heck a lot about plumbing but my gut is telling me the drain pipes just arent right there are two p traps in the assembly one under the sink and one in the basement i have included a crude drawing can anyone give me advice and tell me whats wrong??

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 577

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A double trap is a problem. Eliminate the one under the floor.
If remodeling you should plan on redoing the s-trap under the sink to install a p-trap and run a vent up through the roof.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The old double s tap routine strikes again. I like the s-trap piped to a drum trap below the floor. That plugs up even faster.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Stupid vents are for hacks!
A poor excuse for a real through the roof vent often used in tin house on wheels plumbing!

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Instead of extending the vent through the roof, can you use a stupid vent, oops I mean a studor vent?

A poor excuse for a real through the roof vent often used in tin house on wheels plumbing!

LMAO
That is to funny

Get rid of the second trap. Snake the drain. If you have cast iron drain pipes or Galv remove all you can.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. What did we ever do before the invention of those damn things? I remember, we PLUMBED.

I fired a journeyman last year for putting one in because he was too lazy to run 25' of vent pipe.

Why don't we start hooking up fixtures with heater hose next?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Oh shoot I just realized I forgot to put "Lazy" in front of hacks...
I hope this clarifies the weakness in my initial statement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks