Professional Service

Users who are viewing this thread

P

plumbmaster

I am new to the states and am trying to get my plumbing business started. I wanted to know what companies offer service directly to the professional plumbers rather than dealing with the wholesale and retail sides of getting the products I need. Are there any companies that really provide great service directly to professional plumbers and what do they do diferently?

Thanks I would really appreciate the input

TMB9862

Reaction score
How new are you? You need six or seven years of experience in most states before you can legally open a plumbing business.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

plumbmaster

I have been working back in fourth in the states and in Germany and have completed my schooling at a plumbing school in Germany. I am just trying to figure out quality companies to work with to gain specialized service for my plumbing material needs.

P

plumbmaster

Yes I realize this, but I am looking for companies that have alternate points of purchases catored twords plumbers and professionals who are expecting either spiffs or certain deals for using their parts.

THANK YOU

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Wolverine Brass

They are okay on valves and stops, but those faucets are an insult to the industry when the average homeowner, which it's geared for cannot buy repair parts for their faucet. It forces the homeowner to spend more money with the contractor that installed it. That's a farce.

Put corporate in touch with my sentiment and see if I make them mad posting this factual knowledge. :cool:

Barnett's but they cater to both plumbers and electrical contractors, hvac guys.

Cookie

Reaction score
Redwood, you gave me a much much needed laugh for today. I wish it had come sooner. :) I love the word of the day...
Check out my new signature line. lol

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Direct

ALmost no legitimate company will deal directly with you. It would be too much of a hassle for any possible benefits. If they have regional distributors that would violate the contract with them, and if they have wholesaler agreements, that would make them competitors with the wholesaler. Any manufacturer who deals directly with you is either going to screw you, or their product is questionable so going direct is the only way to market it. See, "Late night telemarketers", "Billy May", "self ventilating toilet".

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
LOL

I had nothing to say to the guy.

just felt his remark was rude and had to say so.

I had a customer once say "My husband was a plumber" from another country. The guy was a land lord who kept adding wax to a 3rd floor toilet. I think when you need to add like 5 wax rings you would know there is a problem. Plumber or not. I let the lady know well if he was he should be pulling a permit and fixing it right not adding more wax as the closet bend sinks lower into the floor.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
LOL

I had nothing to say to the guy.

just felt his remark was rude and had to say so.

I had a customer once say "My husband was a plumber" from another country. The guy was a land lord who kept adding wax to a 3rd floor toilet. I think when you need to add like 5 wax rings you would know there is a problem. Plumber or not. I let the lady know well if he was he should be pulling a permit and fixing it right not adding more wax as the closet bend sinks lower into the floor.

Just keep adding a ring as the closet flange slowly sinks through the rotted sub floor. I love it.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
The lady on the second floor loved it! She was having her morning break when the ceiling crashed onto her head. Human waste, drop ceiling, what was left of the three other ceilings (yup I counted), nails, mouse/rat turds, and bat droppings. The board of health loved the guy. The second floor tenants went to the hospital then to the board of health. The board called the landlord. Well the landlord hung up on them saying they can't tell him what to do. :eek:
Oh my they love to be hung up on. The second floor tenant said they were sending every Gov agency down.
Well I never did the work but I'm sure they got what they deserved.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The lady on the second floor loved it! She was having her morning break when the ceiling crashed onto her head. Human waste, drop ceiling, what was left of the three other ceilings (yup I counted), nails, mouse/rat turds, and bat droppings. The board of health loved the guy. The second floor tenants went to the hospital then to the board of health. The board called the landlord. Well the landlord hung up on them saying they can't tell him what to do. :eek:
Oh my they love to be hung up on. The second floor tenant said they were sending every Gov agency down.
Well I never did the work but I'm sure they got what they deserved.

And there you were without a camera :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks