Grundfos SQE Well with CU301 Control Box

Users who are viewing this thread

rob brunkow

Reaction score
I have the following well located on some property I purchase with nothing more than a frost free water valve for irrigation purposes connected. The pressure tank is a small 1.5 gallon unit located inside the casing. I have noticed that green lights on the control panel are constantly moving in an upward direction which gives me the impressing the pump is pumping water somewhere yet the faucet is not open. the manual says nothing more than it indicates the pump is on but does not necessarily indicate it is pumping. there is nothing else connected to the pit adapter as i inspected. does anyone know anything about this pump system as I will be installing a small cabin and want to bring water to it. i guess my concern is the pump is running full time and pumping water to know where land??? any idea thanks in advance

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I would check to see if the motor is pulling any amps. If it is drawing amps, it is running. Probably the unit has lost communication with the motor. This seams to be one of the biggest problems with that type unit. Turning the power off and then back on may help but, probably not. Attached is a picture of how I would fix it.

Attachments

• SQE REPAIR KIT.jpg
    SQE REPAIR KIT.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 4,122
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks