Replacing Wall Hung with an UltraMax

Users who are viewing this thread

StillLearnin

Reaction score
I am looking to replace a couple of old American Standard toilets with a Toto Ultramax. Obviously there is a significant plumbing effort involved, given one is a wall mounted toilet and the other floor mounted.

How big a deal is it to change the plumbing?

We had a wall mounted toilet downstairs as well and I replaced it with the Geberit Tessera. Loved the look of no visible tank and the shape of the bowl. I have heard people suggest the Duravit as an option, but it does not look as clean as the Geberit. So I feel that there is no suitable wall hung replacements.

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have removed wall hung plumbing and changed it to floor plumbing. It depends on your situation. Do you have a means of draining if you move it. How is the access for changing the pipes.
You will need to go back and patch walls,
That would be a nice on site inspection for somebody.

The Gerberit inwall tank works with several brands of bowls.
The do have the looking good thing going for them.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

If the piping was installed to take advantage of the wall hung configuration, then converting it to a floor mount toilet can be an extensive remodel.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks