Need some advice on which Toto to buy

Users who are viewing this thread

synbios1978

Reaction score
I've gone from looking at a $100 toilet at home depot to contemplating upwards of $649 for a Guinevere. This is going to be the most used toilet in the house by far. Our current one is near death, and I've decided, based on feedback from these forums, to get a Toto. I am currently up in the air between the Ultramax (either ADA or CEFIONTECT), the Guinevere, and the Gwyneth. The Gwyneth and the Ultramax ADA are around the same price while the Guinevere is around $125 more. I'm 30 years old so the height isn't a huge deal for me, but it would be nice to have. I'm a little concerned about the Gwyneth's flushing as it doesn't appear to have the FastFlush that the others have, but I would like to get the double cyclone so we wouldn't have to clean it as often. Our current toilet is an ancient water guzzler.

There is a local dealer I can get them from. but I'm a little concerned in the event the CEFIONTECT doesn't go all the way through like I've read in a few instances on the board. I need to make a decision and I just keep going around in circles (in case you couldn't tell by this post). If anyone could throw out a suggestion for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

abak_guinevere.jpg

TOTO Guinevere pedestal lav and toilet suite

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I installed the Soiree and the reason i did that was the sleek look of the outside of the toilet (skirted) ,next was the Double Cyclon flush and last was the ADA height.
If you have a ADA and then use someone else's you realize how comfortable it is compared to 14" high bowls.
If the outside (skirted) doesn't concern you i would go with the Gwyenth it uses even less water than the other two plus the flush is good, the difference in the flush between that and the Ultramax is small.
I would choose ADA over CEFIONTECT if you choose Ultramax.
Gwyneth and Guinevere gives you ADA, CEFIONTECT and Double Cyclone which i think is the most important.

abak_soiree_1.jpg

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite

synbios1978

Reaction score
Peanut9199,

Thanks for the info!! , so I very well may go that route. Either that or the Guinevere, depending on the wifey's preference in the looks/cleaning category. Apparently the Gwyneth does include the fastflush wide valve as well (I finally looked at the product spec page instead of just at Totousa's overview page). I have a feeling we'll go with the Gwyneth, but thank you for the information and I'll post back on impressions once we get it.

Thanks!!

Mort

Reaction score
Just a thought.....make sure you know what your rough in measurement is before you order or even decide on the model. The three bathrooms in my house (built 1986 by people without a tape measure) were all different. Wanting all units to be the same required the unifit model.

Mort

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks