TP Valve Hook-up

Users who are viewing this thread

DBS2071

Reaction score
Well I decided to start this as a new thread instead of keeping the water heater thread going. So...I am now convinced that the TP valve is working correctly and I'm ready to hook it up. I need to run a pipe from the right side of the tank over to the stub on the left wall. My main problem as you can see by the picture is the little stub out. It is sticks out from the wall by about 2 inches and to the from the side of the door molding by about 3/4"

I didn't want to sweat on a coupling on this stub because if I ever had to cut it off to replace the WH again It would leave next to nothing sticking out of the wall and I wouldn't want to tear into the wall to repair it. So what do you think about putting on a compression coupling on this? That way I wouldn't have to cut the fitting off. Just unscrew it replace the tank and screw the pipe back in. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Picture 083 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 083 (Medium).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Picture 078 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 078 (Medium).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 251

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
T & P Drain

Run Your Copper Over,
Then Use A 3/4" Sharkbite Fitting As A Union Connection,
IT IS REMOVABLE LATER IF YOU WANT TO TAKE APART

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks