HD Water Heaters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
While I was in HD today walking down the water heater ailse I noticed that they had 40 gallon Hot Pointe Water Heaters manufactuered by Rheeme and that they had a 3 year warranty. They had both electric and a gas, I didn't know they made water heaters with a 3 year warranty, you learn something new everyday. I looked but I didn't see the 3 year ones in any other size except the 40 gallon. I also noticed that the ink color on cardboard was about the same as the 12 years.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
cookie they are for the real tight wads...

Cookie ...

they sell them to someone that is
intending on moving out of the home in the next month or two....
for rental properties , slum lords, ect...

they even have one year warranty heaters too...

of course the crappy warranty does not transfer to the new homeowner...
.jsut like witht he Whirlpool brand

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Damn it, I liked the sound of a "high definition" water heater until I saw you were talking about the other HD!

Silly you Cookie!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heaters

White Rogers also makes a one year, one element electric heater for the "poor" trade. Hotpoint is GE, which is Rheem, and Ruud, and Richmond, and Vanguard, and ...........

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heater

More than likely the 3 year heater is the same as the 6, 9, and 12 year heaters. The reduction in price is because the warranty is cheaper.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
We sell Premire (don't start with me, I know, I know) and the only difference between the 5 10 and 15 year warranty is the paperwork. But wouldn't you think that someone would actually manufacture a superior quality tank? Probably not, they sell water heaters.:D

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I had my son call around for pricing with local installers to see where we were on price compared to them.
One outfit was specing the same six year tank we use, and giving the homeowner the option of a 16 year warranty.
When you paid more, they changed the number of years on the paper work.
The price was about double our price too. Hmmmm..........
Thinking, Thinking,

I'm not saying it's a bad thing.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
That's why we sell Premire. They provide the warranty paperwork, tank sticklers and all the serial number crap. No it's probably not the best tank in the world, but honestly in ten years we have have few issues. Then again, how long should a tank last? Hell, we sell tanks too.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I am surprised that the Premire gas water heaters haven't given you problems as they are the same as Whirlpool.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks