double tanks + check valve

Users who are viewing this thread

wmwinkle

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a submersible pump. I recently had to replace the start capacitor and the well man indicated the pressure tank I have was to small for the amount of demand. Demand is a house trailer, a 3b2b house and a thirty acre cattle ranch. The pump was starting and stopping too frequently. I can't replace the tank do to the size restrictions of it's location.

I have a small wash house about 50 feet away. Could I put another tank there?

I re-plumbed that pump house a year ago and I put a check valve in the plumbing after the well and tank and before the pressure switch. I'm told I don't need the check valve as there is one in the submersible pump foot. I suspect that the check valve is not opening fast enough to allow the tank to supplement the demand causing the pressure switch to close prematurely. If you think the check valve is need I plan to place it ahead of the pressure switch. If the check valve is not needed I will remove it.

Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Remove the extra check valve. Install a Cycle Stop Valve and you won't need another tank. Another tank would only cut the cycling in half anyway. A CSV will eliminate the cycling.

wmwinkle

Reaction score
How to I figure my max GPM, desired constant pressure and max shut off pressure? I assume I need a CSV140 or CSV1W or CSV1Z. I assume my demand is low. With possibly two residental units and a minimal draw for the ranch. I guessed at 10-15G max GPM a constant pressure of 40 PSI and max pressure of 70PSI. Does this look about right?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks