Berkeley well pump 3/4 10gpm pump

Users who are viewing this thread

SergioMastro

Reaction score
Guys,

IS this Berkeley 3/4 10gpm well pump B10P4MS07221 a good price for 495$? Does anyone know if this model includes motor and pump?

Lastly, my well is 160ft deep + 50ft into house, will this pump be good enough?

Thanks..
Sergio

Attachments

• Berkeley 3-4 submersible pump.jpg
    Berkeley 3-4 submersible pump.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,137

Leaky Boot

Reaction score
Pumps

Those pumps are made by Sta-Rite. We have a wholesaler nearby that sells both those. Could I interest you in a new Goulds? 3/4 hp, 10 gpm, brass top and bottom, Franklin 2 wire motor. Preformance is same as the chart you posted. Price is $420 plus ship. Have several instock. LB

Speedbump

Reaction score
Those pumps are made by Sta-Rite.

Correction. Sta-Rite bought Berkley years ago. Last year Pentair bought out Sta-Rite as they have Myers and many others over the years. If you think you are buying brand names, guess again.

I sell an all Stainless Steel Submersible Pump made by National Pump Company who still uses Franklin Motor instead of the new Pentair Motor that has only been out for a year.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:

SergioMastro

Reaction score
What so I need?

For my well of 160ft deep (vertical) +
50ft horizantal line running from outside to basement =
210ft total

What GPM am I looking for? What PSI is also good?

What about Grundfos? I saw excellent reviews on this pump are they the best?

Is this a reasonable price:
Grundfos 10SQ07-240 3/4 HP 230V 2 Wire 3" Well Pump for 650$ shipped

Thanks!
Sergio

Speedbump

Reaction score
The well depth isn't as important as the depth to water. What is the water level?

The Grundfos is an OK Pump, but it's not the best in my opinion. I can save you about $25.00 on that same Pump if that's what you want. I can save you a lot more on a Betta Flo.

bob...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Normal pumps spin 3450 RPM. The SQ spins 10,600 RPM. According to Grundfos's own engineering manual, every time you double the RPM, the wear rate quadruples. So tripling the RPM should shorten the expected life even more. Also the SQ has electronics in the motor. Normal pumps have no electronics and therefore last much longer.

SergioMastro

Reaction score
I believe the water is found at 180 and well digger suggested that pump be dropped at 160 or 165ft.

What is the price of Betta Flo?

Should I set a target of 55PSI and 15GPM as a min requirement for my needs? This is what the city sets as a target for each household.

Thanks...
Sergio

Speedbump

Reaction score
You haven't told us what the Well is capable of. Can it make 15 gpm? You can't just put a Pump in a well without knowing these things. Can you find out what the water level is and what the capacity of the Well?

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks