Toto Drake shortage?

Users who are viewing this thread

plumbtired

Reaction score
Over three weeks ago we decided to throw in the sponge on the two AS Champion toilets we have been fighting the past three years. We headed out to purchase two Toto Drakes from a local Toto-franchised dealer, deciding upon the ADA Toto Drake CST744SL model. We were told all of the Toto Drakes were sold out but that the dealer could get two in by the end of the following week. As requested by the salesperson, we paid for both toilets, expecting to be the proud owners of the two new Toto's the following week. When we phoned the dealer (George Morlan Plumbing, Portland, OR) almost a week past the original delivery date, we were told the shipment hadn't arrived and that it should arrive the next week. Now we are out over three weeks on the order and we are being led to believe that Toto toilets are not readily available.

So, the question is: is there currently a supply problem (shortage) for Toto Drakes? Or are we being sold "a bill of goods" by the plumbing supply company, which is one of the largest plumbing suppliers in the Portland, OR area?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb on this, but I suspect there is a temporary supple shortage just due to high demand. When I got my Toto Dartmouth from Terry, I had to wait a week or so because his supplier didn't have it in stock. Toto is very popular and in high demand. Hang in, it will be worth it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks