Splice sprinkler cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mntentman

Reaction score
I cut open the sprinkler connection cable that was "supposed" to be buired near my garage door... cut it with a trimmer. Now two of the zones don't come on. So I assume I need to splice the cable... it is 7-strans sprinkler connection cable. Do I just splice the same way you splice any cable, or is there a special way to do it? I can't find much info, but I assume I am not the first person to do this...
Thanks!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are special wire nuts for splicing low voltage wires that will be exposed to water. You can also use regular wire nuts with silicone, but I think the "real" ones would be more reliable. Should be no problem.

Mntentman

Reaction score
Thanks, Gary. I appreciate the help. Are those available at any hardware store?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes...they are usually referred to as "silicone filled" and you can find them anywhere.

Mr_Pike

Reaction score
I have been using a product called a Snaploc wire connector from Blazing Products. It is a giant swiveling Scotch lock basically, it has jaws that pierce the jacket of the wire, and make contact. It is filled with waterproof goop so the connection is water tight when closed. Much faster and more reliable than the connections I was getting with the silicon wire nuts.

If you have access to them, I would recommend trying them out.

BVS_350_UL.jpg

Link - http://www.blazingproducts.com/products/connectors/index.html

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks