basement bathroom and venting with ejector pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

sotwell

Reaction score
I had a home built 2 years ago with a un finished basement that was preplumbed. Here is what I am looking at and let me know if this sound OK. IN the full bath, I have water line for the sink, toilet and tub. Coming up from under the concrete I have PVC pipe for the vanity sink, toiler and tub. Now all of this feeds into a basin located in the mech room. The basin is not hooked up yet and does not yest have a motor. In the mech room I have to pipes running down from up above, one labeld drain and one labeled vent. The vent is solo and runns all the way to the ceilint.

Is the only vent that I need the one coming from the basin/ejector pump to this dedicated vent pipe?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Nope, you need to vent the bathroom fixtures. Now, you don't probably need another one going to the roof, you can tie into the one you have sitting there. Normally, your vents can be combined 42" above the floor, of 6" above the flood plane of the highest point.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

your vents can be combined 42" above the floor, or 6" above the flood plane of the highest point.

The caveat to that quote is that is is followed by the phrase, "whichever is higher". The bathroom pipes need their own vent system which can then be connected to the one at the pump, if there is not a preplumbed vent in the ceiling at the bathroom.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks