(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: basement bathroom and venting with ejector pump?

Default basement bathroom and venting with ejector pump?

I had a home built 2 years ago with a un finished basement that was preplumbed. Here is what I am looking at and let me know if this sound OK. IN the full bath, I have water line for the sink, toilet and tub. Coming up from under the concrete I have PVC pipe for the vanity sink, toiler and tub. Now all of this feeds into a basin located in the mech room. The basin is not hooked up yet and does not yest have a motor. In the mech room I have to pipes running down from up above, one labeld drain and one labeled vent. The vent is solo and runns all the way to the ceilint.

Is the only vent that I need the one coming from the basin/ejector pump to this dedicated vent pipe?

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Nope, you need to vent the bathroom fixtures. Now, you don't probably need another one going to the roof, you can tie into the one you have sitting there. Normally, your vents can be combined 42" above the floor, of 6" above the flood plane of the highest point.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Default vent

your vents can be combined 42" above the floor, or 6" above the flood plane of the highest point.

The caveat to that quote is that is is followed by the phrase, "whichever is higher". The bathroom pipes need their own vent system which can then be connected to the one at the pump, if there is not a preplumbed vent in the ceiling at the bathroom.