(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: other internet sites

Post Yep

I`m not DIY`R Iam a pro and this forum keeps me aware of all kinds of
    stuff we might not know.

I would like to take a moment to apologize to anyone that my earlier posts may have offended. It is never my intention to piss anyone off only to offer my opinion. We have been round and round on the diy subject enough and many opinions have been offered. I think that perhaps there was a big misunderstanding involved and Terry and I have worked through it and all is good. I want to thank Terry also for reading my PM's to him and my explanation and not just blowing me off. I think Terry is a reasonable and good guy. Hey fella's in the end we're all in the same trade and we're all just trying to get the job done one way or the other.

Thanks again Steve formerly nhmaster3015

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks Steve,
    I'm enjoying reading your posts.
    You bring a lot with you.
    I can see why people were saying good things about you.
    Cool.
    Last edited by Terry; 08-08-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RUGGED View Post
    D.I.Y.com banned you because you was pulling members away from the site....
    That's what you think and used your powers to prevent but FYI, maybe you can learn something, below is a copy of a PM I received here today and it says I bring people TO forums instead of pulling them away but....

Why do you suppose I would I want to pull members away from any forum or Google Group? They certainly had/have more traffic than my dinky forums have.

And I have no ads or any way of making money by people going to read my forums. My forums stand alone (at my expense, next month is 5 yrs) with no commercialization of any kind. BTW, my whole web site cost's me only $7.95/month for 30 gig of space with unlimited traffic. Your forums always had Google ads all over them and I'll bet YOU didn't give the money away!

The site mentioned in the PM is the same one Mike and I mentioned above, where BTW, I checked last night and see you are not listed as a moderator there in any forums anymore.... Note that since I don't post there, I've NOW pulled one of their members here!!! LOL

BTW, that's been going on since Sharp Advice (Tom) accused me of lying in Mar 2005 because of your dumb ideas of me pulling members away and claims I was "advertising". It was a tag line; look it up if you don't know what that means AND, since all my posts are still there, and members see them as the PM below proves, I still benefit from them, so why ban me except because of ego and micro managing?

I also looked up your Stemdoctor .com site and the forum is gone and there's holes in the site. So where are you doing all the freebie help you claim?

I've deleted the many PMs I have received here. And I tell the folks to post in the forums so others can learn; otherwise I don't reply with answers. I've done that on all forums I've ever posted on including my own.

Hi Gary,

I have been looking for help on water softeners in a couple of places online and have posted topics on this site. I saw that you had helped a lot of people. If you could, please take a look at the topic I posted today and maybe give me a little advice.

I have done that.
    Last edited by Terry; 08-25-2008 at 08:55 AM.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pumps and Wells have worked out "well" on this forum.
    I think it does bring in traffic.
    And I get to learn about pumps.
    Where I plumb, it's mainly city reservoir water from the Cascade Mountain Range.

Looks like you guys have about beat this dog to death. I'm going to drop in my 2 cents any way. I've been a licensed plumber for 12 years and have done lots of maintenance and DIY pretty much all of my life... that's 60 years. When I first came to this forum I immediately became addicted for quite a while. At first I was asking questions and just reading and consuming everything I could. I found oodles of tips and good info. Before long I was offering my knowledge & suggestions.... I had been a licensed plumber for quite a few years by then and still did not understand venting but thanks to Terry's drawings and a little hint here and there I have an excellent understanding of venting. The knowledge I've gained has covered many areas of construction/maintenance trades. I feel very confident that if I don't understand a problem on a job or proposed job that I can come here to get good information to make the job professional and safe. For sure, this site being here MAKES me money and does not cost me any business at all. I've butted heads a time or two but the fact is that I gained knowledge and don't have to beg for jobs. I've sent several DIY'ers to this site and there have been a few times that because of the site I picked up jobs and many good suggestions for developing my little business. Would I charge for my advice?... only if I had to drive to the job site...$1 per mile plus $1 per minute on the job.. and I'm cheap for most plumbers in this neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Randyj View Post
    Looks like you guys have about beat this dog to death.

I think you may be correct.

It died a few years ago.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net