Whirlpool Tub Motor Replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

tmcguinn1

Reaction score
Hi, all! I am going to be starting a major remodel of my master bath in the fall. Currently, I have a whirlpool tub that I have never used since I moved in ten years ago. My children have used it, but the last time it was used (2 years ago) the drain leaked into the mudroom downstairs. Since I rarely used it, and knew that I would be remodeling, I chose to simply not use the tub.

I am considering re-using the tub and replacing the guts. Has anyone ever attempted this? Is it worth it or should I just replace the whole tub? Would I actually save any money?

The tub is a monster (to me) 72" x 36" 22" deep. It is build in with a surrounding platform, making it seem even larger (8' x 4' footprint, plus a horribly ugly tile step jutting out half the length). Bathroom is approximately 8' x 12'. It is cast iron and the tub itself is in good shape. If I were to replace the whole tub, I would replace with a smaller one. We have a spa outside, so I would rarely use a tub anyway, but I have to think of that resale!

Thanks for any help/advice!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks