Ever seen a toilet flush TWICE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Recently my toilet has been flushing twice. I installed this tooilet about 4 years ago and I am sure this is a new thing.

I push the handle and it flushes normally, pretty quickly....then the bowl fills and in about 3 or 4 seconds it empties again.

I barely understand how toilets flush anyway so this really puzzles me.

Not complaining, no real issues, just curious.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You may not have the proper flapper valve on it and it is releasing more water than it's supposed to.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The Kohler Wellworth is famous for double or triple flush. The original flapper was a quick closer, and a foam float of the chain kept it open for just the right amount of time. Most generic flappers will stay open way too long on that toilet.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
wellworth

Lower the water level in the tank until you get the maximum single flush with a Kohler toilet, although many customers prefer cleansing of the slight double flush.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Lowering the water level in the tank will eventually get you so it stops the multiple flush, but it will also reduce the head pressure a little. Whether you'd notice the difference in flushing ability is the question. They do sell generic adjustable flapper valves, or you could get an OEM one, and not worry.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks