Codes for PEX

Users who are viewing this thread

cybervex

Reaction score
Is there a code that specifies the distance that a pex crimp ring has to be from the shoulder of the fitting I am crimping to. The instructions say between 1/8 and 1/4 from the shoulder.

Called for a plumbing inspection yesterday morning. The inspector said he would be there at noon. I wish I could have stayed for the inspection but I had to have my mother-in-law wait for him as he did not show until 2:15. He looked (did not check or measure) at the pex crimp fittings and said they were too far from the shoulder of the fitting. He also stated that the crimps were too tight and the pex was bulging and I should have been using a go/no go gauge (again he did not check, just looked).

When I got home from work yesterday I checked the distance on every crimp in the house to confirm I was between 1/8 and 1/4 inch. I also checked, again, the crimp rings with the gauge to find that once again they all pass according to the gauge.

Is this just some ploy to get money out of me? Am I really supposed to rework all these crimps to possibly have this ass fail them again as I have to pay for the 3rd inspection?

Not sure what I am supposed to do here:confused::confused::confused:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pex

IF you are absolutely certain that the rings are on according to the MANUFACTURER's specifications and the pass the "GO" and "NO GO" gauge test, then call him back or talk to his supervisor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks