Over the counter sink installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Optiker

Reaction score
I'm about ready to install an over the counter acrylic kitchen sink. It is a replacement, and the hole is the correct size.

I have two questions.

1. No clips were supplied with the sink, and there are no molded in points to hook a clip to that I can see. Do over-the-counter sinks need clips, and if so, how are they attached?

2. If no clips, I assume that the sink is held in place by the sealant under the lip - correct?

Thanks!

Optiker

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
2 for 2! Acrylic and other sinks, other that stainless or steel enamel, are rigid and heavy enough that they stay put by themselves. A bead of caulk UNDER the rim seals it , and also acts as an adhesive. You can wipe away any caulk which oozes out, leaving a very small and neat looking bead. Use wet cloth or finger for acrylic based caulks, and denatured alcohol for silicone .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks