Help: Unscrewed well cap dropped part

Users who are viewing this thread

eggman37

Reaction score
Folks, I could use a bit of an assist here. I have a 200 foot well with bad iron problems staining clothes, sinks showers etc..

So I read that you may be able to fix this by pouring an amount of clorox into the well.

Today i tried this but when I removed the bolts on the one half of the casing I suddelly heard a piece drop into the well water. When trying to screw it back it seems the bolts have no threading now.

What am I in for here ?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You dropped the nuts off the bolts on the well seal. You should only loosen those a little, not remove them. Anyway, depending on your casing and pump size, those nuts could keep you from ever being able to pull the pump again. With a little luck, your casing is enough bigger than the pump that the nuts can pass by and drop to the bottom of the well. Without a little luck.......:mad:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks