showerhead ball joint

Users who are viewing this thread

geny725

Reaction score
first of all, thank you so much for creating this site!!!!!!!!

anyhow, of all the dumbest problems one could have, someone broke the ball joint of my showerhead, therefore the thread does not fit properly into the showerhead pipe anymore.

where can i buy a replacement showerhead ball joint? specifically i have the GIESSDORF 6 spray showerhead (very much looks like a speakman showerhead)

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help meeeee!!

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I'm a little confused -- are you saying the ball joint is part of the shower arm that goes into the wall, or that the arm threads were damaged when the ball joint was broken, or what?

If you go to that famous auction site, there's a "symmons ball joint 4-228" available for the next 34 hours starting at $12, but I don't know if that's what you need. Googling "symmons ball joint" returns about 2200 hits.

Last edited:

geny725

Reaction score
hi mikey

thanks for the quick reply!!
anyway sorry for the confusion
ok, when you buy the showerhead, it comes with a ball joint correct?
if you take the showerhead apart, the ball joint comes off.
the ball joint as far as my definition, is the one you connect to the water pipe tha'ts attached to the wall.

so, the ball joint has "threads"around the hole, i believe that's what you call it, for it to be able to attach/connect to the water pipe,
since ball joint was dropped, the threads around the hole are not even anymore(some are chipped), and therefore does not fit into the water pipe.

i hope i provided a better explanation.

i tried attaching a different ball joint fr a different showerhead, and it doesnt fit in the showerhead

i have yet to hear from giessdorf.

sigh...hopefully this gets resolved..

thanks so much !! i appreciate your help!!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I looked at the website for G'dorf. Looks like regular 1/2" ips attachement to the arm, but parts like this are not generic. You must get a giessdorf part, which will only be available directly from them...if at all. Be prepared to buy a new head.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I don't take the showerhead apart to install it. That is not a generic part, so you'd probably have to get a replacement from the manufacturer....good luck!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Maybe it just best to join the standardized world and replace the shower arm with the 1/2" ips shower arm that is so standard today....
That way you can use any showerhead by any manufacturer and not have to worry if you can still get one from Dweezledorf or if the Symmons you are bidding on at a famous auction site will fit...:cool:

geny725

Reaction score
i bought the showerhead only bec it promised "strong water pressure" but not really true..oh well

anyway thanks so much for your advices folks, i'll just have to use or try to find a balljoint somewhere somehow

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
redwood...I started out thinking like your response, but it seems that actually he has a standard shower arm, and it is the ball joint on the shower HEAD itself that is messed up.

for Geny.. It's your gas money, but I don't recommend wasting a lot of time or mileage looking for a part which you have almost no chance of finding. Buy a new shower head! Also, since all shower heads are limited by law to 2.5 gallons per minute, there really isn't a shower head which will do what everyone would like....lots of water and lots of pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks