(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Best type of drip emitters for very hard well water?

Question Best type of drip emitters for very hard well water?

I'm installing a drip system in a shrub bed against my house. I have a sprinkler zone plumbed into the bed, so all I have to do is hook up the 1/2" poly tube and start installing emitters.

The water is very hard. So much that it leaves white residue on siding, fences, etc. Looking for an emitter design that is less likely to clog in this setup.

Also, should I use a pressure regulator for this zone? The system is being fed directly from the well pump - no holding tank or anything like that.

Any other advice is more than welcome! I've never done this before.

Tim

Anybody? Bueller?

Just use quality parts. Filter and regulate as required. You may find that you'd be better off with sprays than drip.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
    Just use quality parts. Filter and regulate as required. You may find that you'd be better off with sprays than drip.
    For now I've chosen adjustable emitters. We'll see how they do. I bought a screen filter that I will install before the pressure regulator. The whole thing is cheap enough that even if I have to rip it all out and put in sprays I'm only out about $75.