TOTO Aquia III, CST464MF dual flush toilet product review, three and two

Users who are viewing this thread

kelangst

Reaction score
I have the II version of this toilet in 2 rooms in my home and absolutely am not happy with it. They were professionally installed at the same time we installed our Neorest (which is the best toilet ever made).

These toilets will not process any "payload." This means that almost every time there are solids, they require substantial plunging and repeated flushing to clear. Calls to Toto go unacknowledged with more than one time a "I need to check with my supervisor" and no call back.

Highly recommend avoiding these toilets. Don't be lured by their promise of sanigloss and advanced flushing science. They are simply anemic and lack any power to clear. After purchasing nothing but Toto toilets across 4 different properties over 15 years, this toilet model has shaken my trust in their engineering.

Amazing to me to see any positive reviews on it at all.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
These toilets will not process any "payload." This means that almost every time there are solids, they require substantial plunging and repeated flushing to clear. Calls to Toto go unacknowledged with more than one time a "I need to check with my supervisor" and no call back.

In my experience with them; I had one in the main bath for a year, they worked fine.
I've sold a few hundred of them, and haven't had that complaint. Sometimes when I go out with a complaint like yours, and this could be any brand, I find that someone has dropped something in the bowl that got stuck.
We find all kinds of things that were never meant to be in a bowl. Sometimes it's a fork from the kitchen, maybe a hand lotion bottle, or childrens toy cars.

Robert_G

Reaction score
I ordered the CST412MF#01 first of December 2014 online and was told it was out of stock till January 15, 2015. I'm now being told the Tank is backordered till July and that is not a solid ship date. Just curious if you were hearing the same thing? Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We don't have any of the CST412MF in the Seattle area either.
They stil have the CST416M which is an inch shorter.
TOTO makes the 1.0 gallon Drake II, CST454CUFG, but it looks more like a normal toilet without the smooth sides that the Aquia has.

drake-1g-02.jpg

1G Drake CST454CUFG

Last edited:

RogerPDX

Reaction score
I have the II version of this toilet in 2 rooms in my home and absolutely am not happy with it.

These toilets will not process any "payload." This means that almost every time there are solids, they require substantial plunging and repeated flushing to clear.

Amazing to me to see any positive reviews on it at all.

When I was shopping for a Toto some months ago, I was very interested in this toilet. I communicated with an engineer at Toto explaining to him that I do not want to see skid marks after flushing solids. He recommended that I do not purchase this model, as they have that problem.

So I bought a 1.27 gal Drake with CEFIONTECT. The drake looks great and the CEFIONTECT is extremely white and shiny... but it leaves skid marks. I have to brush the toilet every single time it is used for #2. That is a drag.

Recently I spent time in a holiday condo that has Sterling toilets installed. Unlike CEFIONTECT, the Sterling did not "pop" with a bright white appearance. And the water spot was really small. The hole/water spot is positioned however in an exact location - catching all the solids. The 1.6 gal flush cleaned this small area 100% EVERY time - no brushing.

Those Sterling toilets are way less expensive, have a duel flush (which I love) but no bright white CEFIONTECT.

They do, however flush like champs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks