Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
aquia3_side_pink.jpg

The new Toto Aquia 3, CST464M dual flush toilet product review.
Aquia three, Aquia III
aquia3_top.jpg

Pictured with the Toto SS204 softclose seat in Cotton White.
The smaller side of the button is for the small flush, the larger side of the button is for the larger flush.

aquia3_top_open.jpg

With the seat lid open.

aquia3_back_bowl.jpg

Looking at the back of the bowl. The drain from the bowl fits into an adpapter that comes with the bowl.
Installation instructions for Aquia

Complete Instructions for the Aquia written by Jamie

Last edited:

SamC

Reaction score
What are the differences, other than height, among the Aquia I, II, and III?

GregO

Reaction score
thanks!

Thanks Terry!

First glance I was thinking I don't like the shape, but then I realized cleaning the outside of that bowl looks like it'd be a lot easier than pullilng crud out of the "twisties" of most standard bowls.

Greg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto has a number of skirted toilets...I have several. They are much easier to keep clean.

Kolo

Reaction score
New model looks good.
Any update on Aquia II or Aquia III performance? How well do they flush and keep the bowl clean. I am more interested in Aquia II because I do not need ADA height.

And how involved is installing Aquia II or III?
Could not find instructions on the Toto site. Should be easier than original Aquia.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
aquia_adapter.jpg

The Aquia I has a MaP rating of 800 grams using the adapter on the left.
The Aquia II and III use the adapter on the right, with a different bowl design with internal trapway.

aquia1_bowl_back.jpg

Back of the Aquia I bowl

aquia1_bowl_top.jpg

Top of the Aquia I bowl

aquia3_back_bowl.jpg

Back of the Aquia III bowl

Last edited:

Baron

Reaction score
I'm really interested in this new design -- now that it has the comfort height.

I checked my local Toto dealer -- they don't have them available as of yet and couldn't give me a time frame of when they would be available.

mpjohnst

Reaction score
New model looks good.
Any update on Aquia II or Aquia III performance? How well do they flush and keep the bowl clean. I am more interested in Aquia II because I do not need ADA height.

And how involved is installing Aquia II or III?
Could not find instructions on the Toto site. Should be easier than original Aquia.

Thanks.
My wife and I are also looking at the Aquia model with the dual flush buttons. I was originally planning on the Ultramax, as it has a two flush system as well. However, as you need to do a quick flush to get the small one, and you need a long flush for the regular 1.6 gpf, my wife was worried about having to explain this to guests. We are hoping the Aquia should be more intuitive :)

I too am curious how the Aquia II/III perform in the real world. Any word yet Terry?

Also, can you please confirm if there are any technological differences between the Aquia II and the III or not?

From the PDF link above, it looks like the III has a slightly different bowl shape, a larger, more encompassing skirt, and a sleeker tank. The III is a bit taller, but the PDF seems to imply that the II will be getting a height upgrade this fall as well.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Ultramax uses either 1.6 or somthing like 2.5 gallons if you hold the handle down.
The Aquia uses 0.9 or 1.6 gallons.

The TOTO pdf is confusing or clear depending on whether you understand their logic. Most people are getting it wrong.
Bowl height measured with on old fashioned tape meaure.

Ultramax 14-1/2"
Ultramax ADA 16-1/2"

Aquia I, 15-1/8"
Aquia II, 15-1/8

Aquia III, 16-1/8"

And then you add a seat, which gives you another inch or so.
The Toto pdf is measured to the top of the seat.

Either toilet flushes solids very well with 1.6 gallons.

The Aquia II and the III work pretty much the same, using the same tank parts and the same floor attachent.

Last edited:

mpjohnst

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! Wow, I had it totally backwards on the Ultramax. I assumed if it had dual flush capabilities that it would of course use less... oops.

Assuming there isn't too much of a price differential between the II and the III, I'm guessing we'll go with the III for increased aesthetics alone. Thanks again!

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Except those with the special flush valve, NONE of the low-flow toilets were designed as dual flush, and use their stated volume with just one full-throw push of the handle. It was not designed as a dual-flush. Nearly any low-flow toilet will use more water if you hold the handle down to empty the tank, but, if it is well-designed, shouldn't need it. Unfortuneately, not all toilets are up to the task. For a new owner of a Toto, it just looks like it could never empty the bowl with that short flush, but except in rare circumstances, does it very well.

fjmjdj

Reaction score
Toto Aquia III CST464M toilets rocks/shifts from side to side.

Hello.

We had a plumber install the Toto Aquia III dual flush toilets in all 3 of our bathrooms and they work just fine.
No leaks and they flush just perfectly.
The issue we are having is that all 3 seem to be loose.
They rock from side to side ever so slightly and you can feel it if you sit down and move around slightly on the seat or are trying to stand up off the toilet.
At first we thought it may be loose horizontally mounted bolts on each side of the toilet that hold the toilet in place but those are as tight as they can go and I do not want to tighten any further in case I crack the porcelain.
The toilets sit flush and straight and level on our porcelain tiles so thats not the issue either and the floor is perfectly level also.
Any info would be appreicated.
Thank you

Attachments

• aquia3_side_bowl.jpg
    aquia3_side_bowl.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 4,606
  • creger_01.jpg
    creger_01.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 6,812

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Most plumbing codes require caulking the bowl to the floor at least around the front 3/4 of it (leaving it open around the back helps let you know if you have a leak, plus, it's really hard to do a good job back there anyway). People here have recommended PolySeamSeal, as it can be peeled off later. This does two things: it helps anchor the toilet and second, it prevents drips, misses, dirty mop water, etc. from getting underneath the toilet. Any of those things, eventually, can be a smelly mess, so sealing it is a good idea. Try that, and you should be fine. Porcelain on porcelain doesn't have much friction. Same toilet on a vinal floor would sink in and probably never move. Tile's a different story.

sgs

Reaction score
water supply position

I like the idea of the Aquia III due to features and that the bowl doesn't intrude as far into the room as most of the other Totos, but upon looking at the spec sheet, they recommend having the water supply line 7 3/4" left of the closet flange C/L. Anyone with any practical experience with this to know if it really needs to be that far out? I think I'm closer to 6" - 6.5". I'll re-measure to be more exact of course.

Thanks in advance.

aquia3_side_pink.jpg

The new Toto Aquia 3, CST464M dual flush toilet set at 11.5" from the wall.

loctite-tub-tile.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert_G

Reaction score
6" would be fine there. If you look at the spec sheet, the shutoff is a long ways away from the bowl.

My supply is 10" high on the wall and directly in line with the drain, directly behind the middle of the toilet. Any way this can be installed without having to relocate the supply? Any possible way to reach behind and operate the supply?

Reach4

Reaction score
My supply is 10" high on the wall and directly in line with the drain, directly behind the middle of the toilet. Any way this can be installed without having to relocate the supply? Any possible way to reach behind and operate the supply?
Possible? doubtful. Practical, reasonable, serviceable, functional? No. Not with this toilet.

You will want to instead find a toilet with clearance back there, and you would do well to replace your stop valve with one of the Dahl stop valves that you may have seen discussed.

Robert_G

Reaction score
Possible? doubtful. Practical, reasonable, serviceable, functional? No. Not with this toilet.

You will want to instead find a toilet with clearance back there, and you would do well to replace your stop valve with one of the Dahl stop valves that you may have seen discussed.

Thank-you for the reply. Fortunately the valve can be relocated from the rear as that wall backs up to the garage. Unfortunately, I'm finding out this model is discontinued!

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst464_specs.pdf

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks