(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TOTO Aquia III, CST464MF dual flush toilet product review, three and two

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default TOTO Aquia III, CST464MF dual flush toilet product review, three and two

The new Toto Aquia 3, CST464M dual flush toilet product review.
    Aquia three, Aquia III

Pictured with the Toto SS204 softclose seat in Cotton White.
    The smaller side of the button is for the small flush, the larger side of the button is for the larger flush.

With the seat lid open.

Looking at the back of the bowl. The drain from the bowl fits into an adpapter that comes with the bowl.
    Installation instructions for Aquia

Complete Instructions for the Aquia written by Jamie
    Last edited by Terry; 03-08-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Blog Entries

The front of the tank where it meets the bowl.

The tank from an angle.

Side of the bowl, ready to be installed.
    It's 16-1/8" to the top of the bowl.
    About an inch higher than the Aquia I or Aquia II

http://www.easycarts.net/ecarts/terr....html#CST464MF
    Last edited by Terry; 07-27-2008 at 04:06 PM.

What are the differences, other than height, among the Aquia I, II, and III?

Default thanks!

Thanks Terry!

First glance I was thinking I don't like the shape, but then I realized cleaning the outside of that bowl looks like it'd be a lot easier than pullilng crud out of the "twisties" of most standard bowls.

Greg

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Toto has a number of skirted toilets...I have several. They are much easier to keep clean.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamC View Post
    What are the differences, other than height, among the Aquia I, II, and III?
    Look at this web site it gives you the info.
    http://docs.hdpi.com/PE-Links/Toto/T...risonChart.pdf

New model looks good.
    Any update on Aquia II or Aquia III performance? How well do they flush and keep the bowl clean. I am more interested in Aquia II because I do not need ADA height.

And how involved is installing Aquia II or III?
    Could not find instructions on the Toto site. Should be easier than original Aquia.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Terry; 01-11-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Blog Entries

The Aquia I has a MaP rating of 800 grams using the adapter on the left.
    The Aquia II and III use the adapter on the right, with a different bowl design with internal trapway.

Back of the Aquia I bowl

Top of the Aquia I bowl

Back of the Aquia III bowl
    Last edited by Terry; 01-11-2009 at 01:37 PM.

I'm really interested in this new design -- now that it has the comfort height.

I checked my local Toto dealer -- they don't have them available as of yet and couldn't give me a time frame of when they would be available.

Quote Originally Posted by kolo View Post
    New model looks good.
    Any update on Aquia II or Aquia III performance? How well do they flush and keep the bowl clean. I am more interested in Aquia II because I do not need ADA height.

And how involved is installing Aquia II or III?
    Could not find instructions on the Toto site. Should be easier than original Aquia.

Thanks.
    My wife and I are also looking at the Aquia model with the dual flush buttons. I was originally planning on the Ultramax, as it has a two flush system as well. However, as you need to do a quick flush to get the small one, and you need a long flush for the regular 1.6 gpf, my wife was worried about having to explain this to guests. We are hoping the Aquia should be more intuitive

I too am curious how the Aquia II/III perform in the real world. Any word yet Terry?

Also, can you please confirm if there are any technological differences between the Aquia II and the III or not?

From the PDF link above, it looks like the III has a slightly different bowl shape, a larger, more encompassing skirt, and a sleeker tank. The III is a bit taller, but the PDF seems to imply that the II will be getting a height upgrade this fall as well.

Blog Entries

The Ultramax uses either 1.6 or somthing like 2.5 gallons if you hold the handle down.
    The Aquia uses 0.9 or 1.6 gallons.

The TOTO pdf is confusing or clear depending on whether you understand their logic. Most people are getting it wrong.
    Bowl height measured with on old fashioned tape meaure.

Ultramax 14-1/2"
    Ultramax ADA 16-1/2"

Aquia I, 15-1/8"
    Aquia II, 15-1/8

Aquia III, 16-1/8"

And then you add a seat, which gives you another inch or so.
    The Toto pdf is measured to the top of the seat.

Either toilet flushes solids very well with 1.6 gallons.

The Aquia II and the III work pretty much the same, using the same tank parts and the same floor attachent.
    Last edited by Terry; 01-11-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks for the quick reply! Wow, I had it totally backwards on the Ultramax. I assumed if it had dual flush capabilities that it would of course use less... oops.

Assuming there isn't too much of a price differential between the II and the III, I'm guessing we'll go with the III for increased aesthetics alone. Thanks again!

Except those with the special flush valve, NONE of the low-flow toilets were designed as dual flush, and use their stated volume with just one full-throw push of the handle. It was not designed as a dual-flush. Nearly any low-flow toilet will use more water if you hold the handle down to empty the tank, but, if it is well-designed, shouldn't need it. Unfortuneately, not all toilets are up to the task. For a new owner of a Toto, it just looks like it could never empty the bowl with that short flush, but except in rare circumstances, does it very well.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Default Toto Aquia III CST464M toilets rocks/shifts from side to side.

Hello.

We had a plumber install the Toto Aquia III dual flush toilets in all 3 of our bathrooms and they work just fine.
    No leaks and they flush just perfectly.
    The issue we are having is that all 3 seem to be loose.
    They rock from side to side ever so slightly and you can feel it if you sit down and move around slightly on the seat or are trying to stand up off the toilet.
    At first we thought it may be loose horizontally mounted bolts on each side of the toilet that hold the toilet in place but those are as tight as they can go and I do not want to tighten any further in case I crack the porcelain.
    The toilets sit flush and straight and level on our porcelain tiles so thats not the issue either and the floor is perfectly level also.
    Any info would be appreicated.
    Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Most plumbing codes require caulking the bowl to the floor at least around the front 3/4 of it (leaving it open around the back helps let you know if you have a leak, plus, it's really hard to do a good job back there anyway). People here have recommended PolySeamSeal, as it can be peeled off later. This does two things: it helps anchor the toilet and second, it prevents drips, misses, dirty mop water, etc. from getting underneath the toilet. Any of those things, eventually, can be a smelly mess, so sealing it is a good idea. Try that, and you should be fine. Porcelain on porcelain doesn't have much friction. Same toilet on a vinal floor would sink in and probably never move. Tile's a different story.
    Jim DeBruycker