Pulling a gas line complicated????

Users who are viewing this thread

serint

Reaction score
Hi

We are planning to buy a house in DE. I love cooking with gas stove. I have a question, if the house has gas heat can I put a gas stove. Is this a complicated process?? Do they have to dig through the floor and all that stuff????

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
gas

IF this is a slab house the gas line cannot be installed under the floor. It must go overhead and how difficult this is depends on a lot of factors that only someone who sees the job can evaluate.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you are on a slab ( houses in DE don't have basements?) then the line would have to go up through the walls, across the ceiling or in the attic, and down through the wall again. It is very doable.

Now, mosy folks on here will recommend against any DIY gas work...too much downside.

Depending on your local laws, in many areas homeowners ARE allowed to do this. All of the following will be true:
1) A permit from city is mandatory.
2) Pulling the permit will then require you to put a test on the line, and get it inspected, before the city will allow the gas to be turned on.
3) Homeowners do not have the expensive tools to cut and thread black iron pipe. **********s will do this for you, with varying quality.

It would probalby not break your bank to have a licensed plumber do the work.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I think I wrote just home store, not a specific name. I guess the filter gnome is real touchy today!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Smockman & Smockwoman said,
We didn't realize that our name had become a cuss word.
We will try to carry better quality products and offer better service...
We're sorry!

smockmanapron.jpg
smockwomanapron-1.jpg

LOL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks