(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Clogged bath tub

Exclamation Clogged bath tub

i have both a clogged bath tub and sink....
    the sink i fixed myself by opening the pipes below n it works completely fine nw

the bath tub however i cant get the "flip-it" drain stop to open so i can clean it with an auger....i've tried opening the overflow to look for a lever system bt it doesnt hv any...its just a drain stop with a flip switch on it to control the drain...i've tried muscling n it wont open...plyin it out, screwing it out...nothing works!!

how do i open it?

thanx!!

If this is what you have it should just pull out. Maybe someone got crazy with glue... Anyway if the line needs snaking you would go through the overflow. You might want a plumber if the line needs snaking... Traps are tough to get through.

Last edited by Redwood; 07-27-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Default drain

If the DRAIN PIPE is clogged then you need to snake it through the overflow opening. If the drain plug is clogged you have to remove the pop up unit. How about a picture of the pop up so we can see what you are working with.

The pic Redwood posted is EXACTLY the same im working with....
    it wont break if i muscle it out harder? how about if i slip a screwdriver under it n use it as a lever to yank it out? will i need glue or sumthing to put it back in?

i'll try cleaning it myself first n then if it doesnt work i'll give the plumber a call...
    just wanna make sure HOW to take tht thing out...awaiting ur replies b4 i try again

It should just pull out!

Maybe someone put on their idiot hat when they installed it and glued it in.

thanx...m nt gonna be home till tmrw.....will let u knw wut happens day after