MIP thread for tub not tapered?

Users who are viewing this thread

malbadon

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm remodeling my bathroom and thought I had bought the right threaded brass bushing for my spout and shower, but they don't appear to taper in like I was expecting, and, as picture 2 shows, when hand threaded lock tight after about two-three spins. So before I went any further with them I thought I'd ask everyones opinion if I'm just being psycho over-cautious or if these are just not the right bushings.

thanks in advance)

Attachments

• mip.JPG
    mip.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 543
  • mip2JPG.jpg
    mip2JPG.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 445

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
adapter

I am not sure what you mean about picture #2 showing something locking after 2 or 3 turns, but that is what usually happens with a tapered thread. Why do you need something like this for the shower, and it should be unnecessary for the spout if you did your installation properly.

malbadon

Reaction score
thanks, I figured it was normal and I was just being overcautious, so its good to know).
its a grohe freehander showerhead, thats why it needs one for the showerhead. That fat brass thing is actually all the screws into the shower pipe, freehander goes over that.
Tub spout also screws in.
Had gotten the idea to use these from another thread,
https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11976
but couldn't find the same brand up here, just these MasterPlumber ones.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks