Toilet Drainage

Users who are viewing this thread

oconnocf

Reaction score
I am installing all new plumbing on the third floor of my house. I am installing a toilet about 8 feet away from the existing stack. Is there a code for the initial drainage pipe drop from the toilet to the horizonatal line? I know the slope after the drop is a 1/4" per foot.

oconnocf

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. What about right below the toilet, does there need to be an initial straight vertical drop or can I 45 it and then do my slope?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
They even make a flange with a 45 elbow built in...
Make sure that if you use a PVC/ABS flange that you use one that has a stainless steel ring...

45_swivel_flange.jpg
ssclosetflange_l.jpg

Last edited:

topshot

Reaction score
OK. Is one stainless model any better than the others or will pretty much any flange with a SS ring from a big box suffice? I'll be going into 3" PVC (and won't be getting one that fits inside the pipe :) ).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks