Sprinklers for Gravity Fed System

Users who are viewing this thread

Green Pastures

Reaction score
Are there any sorts of sprinklers that give maximum coverage on low pressure water systems??

We are on a gravity fed system for all our water needs. This system feeds 4 households each on 5 acre plots. As you can imagine during the summer months when everyone is trying to water lawns, grass for horses, etc, water pressure can be almost non existent. :(

A well is not an option for us for a long time, so I need something that will give maximum water coverage and keep enough pressure to run more then one or two sprinklers.

Is there such a beast?; or am I really expecting too much to have my little oasis?? :rolleyes: :D

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pressure does enter the picture, but what you are missing here is the difference between pressure and volume or flow. Without a pump, the volume is limited and when everyone is drawing water at the same time, the flow is being drastically cut. If a pump is possible, then more volume could be supplied to the main line and everyone would have increased flow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks