(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Rigid vs. Flotec Sewage Pump

Post Rigid vs. Flotec Sewage Pump

Hello - I'm planning on installing a new bathroom with a sewage pump in my basement - Home Depot has a 1/2 HP Rigid sewage pump for $199, and a 1/2 HP Flotec for $266. Is the Flotec one $67 better? I don't mind paying it, if it is. Photo attached.

Thanks for your thoughts,

-jon
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Uncle Hamie; 05-15-2005 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Photo Attached

My advice, never buy a pump based on price. Buy based on the tech specs you need for the job you require it to do. Your life will be much happier for much longer than the saving of a few bucks allows.

Gary
    Quality Water Associates

Default pump

Personally, I would not buy either one, but would install either if you purchased it. As far as I am concerned, Zoeller is the only sewage/ejector pump I use, even though it is a lot more than the prices of either of those plastic pumps.

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking zoeller only

get the zoeller, with a mercury switch hanging separate on the side of it..

dont ever buy a sewage pump where both the switch and pump are built into only ONE WIRE to plug into the wall..

you want to get a pump with 2 wires comming off the unit. One is the switch which plugs into the wall first and the second is the motor which plugs into the back of the switch....

if the switch ever fails , you can still unplug the set up from the wall and plug the motor in directly and get by for a while....

and its much, much easier to change out just the mercury switch that is piggeybacked on the pump,

Zoeller and many other places sell cheaper pumps that literally have to be pulled out of the hole (full of sewage) when they fail, and the top seal broken down to change the
    bad switch.... and you do this with everything covered in fun.

stay away from them