Ground Wire???

Users who are viewing this thread

Fuoti

Reaction score
I have a 1/2 hp 230V Gould Submersible well pump that will go in an 80ft well. Feeds small tank in crawl space. The system was replaced in March 07 (15 months old). This included new pump, raising the buried well case to above ground with PVC exension, and running a new flexible supply line & electric line from pump in well to the house (spliced before entering house).

Had bad lightning storms last night. This morning we woke up to no water pressure. Could not get pump to run. Called plumber that did original job. They sent a tech.

Diagnoisis - Had full power on both sides of presssure switch but could only get 140 pull outside at well case. Must have lost one of underground wires. Maybe at a splice???

Solution - Switch wires in house and at well case to use ground wire. Pump works, have pressure.

My questions and concerns:
Is this the proper way to fix it? Or a short cut?
Is my pump properly grounded?
Am I at greater risk?
Should they had dug it up and replaced the wire?
At who's cost? Mine or plumber's?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Fuoti

Reaction score
ignore

sorry though I was posting new thread.
will do so under correct forum.

Fuoti

Reaction score
actually don't ignore this one

I just can't get this right, any hlep on above question would be great

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Bad well guy!

Using a ground wire for any purpose other than grounding is a violation of code.

I hope you didn't pay for this to be performed!

Speedbump

Reaction score
If you must leave it that way, it would be a good to put some tape on the wire ends to signify what they really are so the next poor smuck that tries to work on them doesn't get nailed.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks