Wood Propane Wood Pellets

Users who are viewing this thread

FrankMueller

Reaction score
Have always burned wood,but must be getting old and/or lazy.Added on a room at the end of the house,and thinking about either a pellet stove or a propane one.Like the "flick of a switch" with the propane,especially since the wife and kids will be using the room mostly. Would appreciate any comments or input.
Thanks, Frank

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
I grew up in a home where we burnt a lot of wood for heat, mostly scraps from a boat building shop. I still remember unloading the trailer, cutting the larger pieces, packing and stacking, feeding the barrel stove and cleaning out the ashes.

When I was in my thirties I worked with a man that heated his home with wood. He was telling me about getting a logging truck load, cutting it to length, splitting it, stacking it, packing it along with firing the stove and cleaning the ashes. I told him, "Bert, when I get cold I walk across the room and push the up button on my thermostat."

I'm in my late fifties now and I still just push the up button on the thermostat when I get cold although it is a different thermostat and in a different house.

I guess I don't really have an answer for you. :rolleyes:

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
Thermostat pellet stove

I helped a friend install a pellet stove in her home a few years ago that had the ability to be connected to a thermostat. We discussed it and she decided to have me connect it to a Honewell programmable, just like you'd use for a furnace. It automatically adjusts the fire from high to lower as there is a call for heat. There are several brands that you can do this with, hers has worked perfectly for a few years.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks