(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TOTO Ultramax II, Gwyneth MS604114CEFG toilet reviews & pictures

I can't speak to why the CR test is so different from others' experience, but would just add my real-life experience. I have 2 Ultramax II's, and 1 Soiree. Both have Double Cyclone technology and both work well. I think the Ultramax II works a little better, since it really seems to kind of "suck" the waste out of the bowl rather than "push" it out. It is truly amazing to see just how rapidly, and how completely, it does so. Suffice it to say that my family and I have given these toilets a very good workout and they really do perform nearly flawlessly.

The other discrepancy is that the one-piece Ultramax IIs, like I have, have a MaP score of 500, which is acceptable but lower than the two-piece models, and lower than many other Toto toilets. Despite this, I really think the real-world experience I've had with them would suggest a much higher score than was seen in the lab.

Quote Originally Posted by slpknt10l03 View Post
    I love this tiolet! Definently worth the money. This is my first Toto and i think I'm hooked.

What's up with the base of the toilet? Looks like a couple inches of caulk? Or is it sitting on sort sort of elevated base?

DIY Junior Member lazypineapple's Avatar

Just bought 2 MS604114CEFG , UltraMax II.
    Installed the 1st one,(remodeling),
    Very nice unit. , clean flushing, and quick,
    this Throne, does a complete flush in 20 sec, from the time you push the handle til the water shuts off.
    very pleased ,

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been selling a lot of these lately.
    Most are repeat or referred sales.
    Washington Towers in downtown Bellevue is on location that is just popping right now.

We're pulling a lot of Sterling toilets to make way for them.

Comments by readers Reader Review's Avatar
    Emails and phone calls sent in by readers

Default MS604164CEFG Ultramax II

Utltramax II installed by owner and working great! The base of the old toilet was a little different in shape than the Ultramax but you can't tell. I'm ready to do your installs for $175.00. In fact I'll do them for $150 and send you $25.00. But I don't think I can carry the toilets over one shoulder.
    Thanks,
    Alan P
    Friday Harbor

Unhappy Leaking in the tank!

Dear Terry,

I just remodeled the bathroom and installed a Ultramax II. It was fine for the first 3 weeks, but now there's this dripping sound and then the tank will refill after about 30 minutes. For a while I couldn't see where the leak was coming from, then this one time when I heard the tank was being filled, I opened up the tank and see that underneath the green cap (where Cyclone was written) I can see water dripping from it. I unclip the green cap and there were three small jet streams shooting to three different directions. Now instead of dripping sound, it has turned into a hissing sound! I just turned the water feeding the tank off as not to waste water until I have to use it... Does this sound like a serious problem? Is this a easy fix that I can do? I don't know anything about plumbing...

Blog Entries

Turn off the water to the tank.
    If the tank level goes down, the flapper is leaking.

If the tank level is steady, then the fill valve may need cleaning or replacement.

Water dripping from the top of the fill valve is the anti-siphon action of the valve and is most likely normal.

I think I might have found the problem. When I first looked at the tank I saw this brown floating wings stuff right above the flapper and thought it was part of the tank's guts (some where in the forum I thought I saw someone mentioned the floating wing stuff was to help the flapper from closing too soon?!). Since the tank won't hold water I had to keep opening it up to check, and then finally the brown floating stuff sort of had a small rip, and one part of the wing was caught under the flapper. When I took it out (it wasn't attached to anything) I realized it was just cardboard, and I think the plumber didn't take it out when they installed the toilet. Strange. What kind of inexperienced plumber were they? I hope that that was the problem, and the tank hadn't leak since.

Cardboard left in the tank. I've heard that a few times now.
    Next time I will remember to suggest that too. Who would have that of that?
    Terry
    Last edited by Terry; 07-18-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Comments by readers Reader Review's Avatar
    Emails and phone calls sent in by readers

Default MS604114CEFG Ultramax II

Hi Terry,

Thanks for installing toilets at my house on August 19. I'm very pleased with the product, installation and service

Nel L
    Shoreline WA

Default Follow up on Gwyneth / Ultramax

I am in the process of building a house, and about a year ago, when I thought I was going to be ready to order toilets, it seemed that the Toto Gwynneth (sp?) with sanigloss was the way to go for a good flush one piece high end toilet.
    It is now about a year later and after lots of delays, I really am almost ready to order toilets. Has the landscape changed? I recall reading something about some problems with the Toto Ultramax but I confess I have lost sight of the names and what may be new out there.
    Any thoughts? (I am in Canada, so not sure if the product line names are different here).
    TIA (thanx in advance)

Blog Entries

The Drake and the Ultramax are my biggest sellers.
    The Drake II and the Ultramax II have the higher bowl, Sanagloss and cyclone rinse. They are a notch better.
    They have been a near perfect toilet for me.
    What was the question?

I'm looking at an Ultramax II. I've seen Gwyneth and Ultramax II under the same manufacturer's number (TOTO MS604114CEFG). Are they the same toilet?

Thanks!
    Optiker

Blog Entries

The MS604114CEFG and the MS604164CEFG are the same toilet. It first came out as the Gwyneth one-piece and is now called the Utlramax II.
    I've been selling quite a few of them.

Terry, which would you buy, the Ultramax with g-max or the Ultramax II with Double cyclone. I need to replace 4 toilets and have been reading like crazy, I know it will be one of the Toto Ultramax's, just not to sure which model, but will also be getting sanagloss finish.
    Thanks
    Last edited by CurtisP; 11-30-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Blog Entries

I think the Ultramax II with Sanagloss is the better value.
    If you don't like a taller bowl, then getting the standard height Ultramax with SG would make sense too.